REPUBLIC OF CROATIA
UNIVERSITY OF ZAGREB
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
A CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
FOR ENROLMENT IN PhD PROGRAMME BIOMEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES
LEADING TO THE ACADEMIC TITLE OF PhD
in the academic year 2015/2016
PhD PROGRAMME “BIOMEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES”
Application to the first year of the PhD programme taught in English with the start of classes determined subsequently. Up to a maximum of 10 students are admitted, minimum 5 students.
The following are ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THE FIRST YEAR OF STUDY TAUGHT IN ENGLISH:
- candidates who are foreign nationals in the Republic of Croatia;
- candidates who have graduated from a medical school or other faculty dealing with the scientific field of biomedicine and health sciences or a related field;
- candidates with a grade point average in undergraduate study of at least 3.51 (in the 1-5 grading system) or at least 8.00 (on the A-D scale);
- candidates who have conducted the academic recognition of a foreign degree of higher education, i.e. the recognition of study duration at the University of Zagreb.
Documents needed for the application:
- Application forms (see below),
- Verified copy of diploma (with the supplement, if issued),
- Verified transcript of records,
- Letter of recommendation by a potential mentor (see below),
- Research topic proposal (see below),
- Statement on the model of studying (see below),
- Curriculum vitae (Europass form, below) with the photo,
- Copy of passport.
All documents should be submitted in English (or Croatian) as originals, or copies or translations certified by the University or legally appointed English translator, or legally appointed notary. Candidates have to go through a procedure of the academic recognition of a foreign degree of higher education at the University of Zagreb. More info at: http://www.unizg.hr/homepage/study-at-the-university-of-zagreb/academic-recognition-of-foreign-higher-education-qualifications/. Positive academic recognition is obligatory before the enrolment in the Programme. At enrollment, students have to have a residence permit in the Republic of Croatia and regulated health insurance policy within the Croatian healthcare system.
- Before admission, each candidate in the procedure of admission and selection have to demonstrate written capability to understand professional manuscript, knowledge to use reliable sources from the Internet and perfection in using computers (Word) and electronic communications. The School of Medicine will also organize an interview with candidates who have successfully passed the capability test.
- The date of the assessment, interview and enrollment of candidates into the PhD programme taught in English shall be determined subsequently.
- Applications are to be sent on prescribed forms at the PhD programme's web site. Incomplete applications or those not complying with the instructions shall not be taken into consideration.
- It is recommended to enclose copies of papers and congress abstracts along with the confirmation that the congress is subject to peer review.
- It is recommended to enclose other evidence guaranteeing the success of the compilation of the PhD thesis.
TUITION FEE - 20,000.00 kn per academic year (two semesters) plus 5,000.00 kn for administrative expenses. The tuition fee is to be paid in full prior to enrollment.
DEADLINE FOR THE SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: 12 June 2015
All applications should be sent to the following address:
University of Zagreb
School of Medicine
Office for Postgraduate Studies and CME
10000 Zagreb, CROATIA
The SELECTION of the candidates shall be performed according to criteria set by the Council of the School of Medicine (according to criteria for credit assignment set in the application form linked below).
Prescribed forms can be downloaded from this page as seen below.
Any further information is available via e-mail at: email@example.com